Unexpected long bend in road

file8001335709990

Saturday, June 29th, my husband and I had one of the most lovely delayed birthday celebrations I can imagine. That night, Boy two woke up complaining of stomach pain. By the end of Sunday, we were on our way to emergency with what turned out to be appendicitis. Due to the long holiday weekend and a little human error, Boy two’s ordeal was long, even by Canadian standards. Monday morning saw us off to a children’s hospital an hour from home where we got behind some fairly major emergency cases. By 2:00 we had made it to the list for surgery and met with a surgeon. Somewhere around 6:00pm on Monday, still waiting for a spot in the operating room, a tired Boy two observed sincerely . . . “I can see why they make you sign a paper not to sue them.” In addition to exhaustion and pain, he was very hungry. “I just want some meat and some oil,” he burst out a little later. “Mrs. V told us those are the things that fill you up the most. I just wants somebody to get me meat and oil.”

A little after 7pm the call came and we were at last on our way. Boy two was a trooper. The surgery went well, but he needed extra antibiotics and wasn’t well enough to go home yesterday. A visit from his siblings Tuesday afternoon cheered him immensely. We are hopeful, he’ll be home by dinner time today (Wednesday). The nurses and most everyone else we have met are kind and lovely.

As you can imagine, I have not been writing or even thinking about it. All prayers for a speedy recovery for Boy two are much appreciated. The hospital is wonderful but we will be glad when he (and I) can come home. The bees have at last arrived at County Road 21. Swimming lessons begin today. We miss our kittens. And we tolerate most everything better when our family is together.

8 Comments to Unexpected long bend in road

1. Dale Sipple says:

Oh Michelle i’ve been praying and holding you up to our Saviourl love to you, Boy two and the whole family. Wish I could hug all of you!
    Love,
    Dale

2. Dee says:

I have been praying ever since I got the news on the prayer chain. I will continue to pray for all of you — and the bees.

3. Abby Savoie says:

Prayers for a speedy recover!

4. Claudia says:

We have been thinking and praying for you guys, pls tell Boy number two that we wish him a fast recover and that we will love to come I see him when he is home. Big hugs!!!

5. Michelle and Boy two:
    I am praying for you and your whole family. I am praying a Rosary just for you and your complete and speedy recovery and that you get to eat yummy meat very soon.

• Michelle says:

Thanks, Connie and thanks to everyone for your prayers and kind thoughts. We are home now and Boy two is sleeping with his beloved Filippo. (kitten)

6. Carol says:

I am happy to hear Boy Two is home. That was really an ordeal, especially for a child. I will keep praying too for a speedy recovery.

7. Jane Parker says:

What a difficult time for all of you! Been praying and am continuing now, with rejoicing. I’m reminded of Father Price’s reference to the giant sequoia tree with the roots entwined with all the surrounding trees for support, as a picture of the strength of the body of Christ, joined together in prayer. It does not surprise me that Boy Two is a trooper.
    I say “Three cheers for the Trooper and his family”.